Last Updated: 26th April 2022
We are committed to protecting your privacy, in accordance with applicable Australian privacy laws including the Australian Privacy Principles and credit reporting provisions in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
This Policy explains how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise handle personal information.
What information do we collect?
We collect and store any and all information that you enter on this Website and provide to us via email or over the phone. We collect and store your name and contact details, details of your enquiry and data on how you use our website. When engaging our services, we also collect and store your electricity billing and site data required to perform our services.
How we collect your information?
When you reach out to us through the phone, use our website or open our emails, you are telling us about yourself.
How we use your information?
The information we collect is used ONLY to provide you with our services, communicate with you and email market to you from time to time.
When providing our services to you we may use your details to contact your utility provider on your behalf to access billing data. Note: a separate Client Authority Form will be issued to you if this information is required.
We use the information that we collect about you for direct marketing purposes. Direct marketing is the act of selling products or services directly to consumers rather than through retailers. You may, at any time, request that we cease to use your information for direct marketing purposes by emailing us at email@example.com.
Sharing your information:
We share your information with a core few organisations that we work with to collect, process and use your information.
- Data analysis (Google Analytics) – This Website uses Google Analytics to collect information about you and your behaviors. If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- Payment services (Stripe) – only if you are using the payment gateway for payment of our services.
- Other specialists – Electrical Energy Savers works with other specialists to provide solutions for its Clients and therefore may need to disclose your electricity data and Site address to such third parties in order to do so.
Without access to this information we may not be able to act effectively or at all in providing you with our professional services.
How we protect your personal information?
We store your information securely in our Brisbane office, and only our staff can access it. We use management processes to keep your information safe.
- Access to your information is protected by strict user logins.
- Limiting the amount of personal information that we collect to strictly necessary only;
- Using ssl or other secure connection technologies when receiving or sending personal information beyond internal networks;
- Destroying the personal information that we no longer need;
- Maintaining up-to-date software and safeguards.
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website or application and stored on your computer or device by your web browser. The file is added once you agree to store cookies on your computer or device, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow sites to respond to you as an individual. The Website can also tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Analyze our web traffic using an analytics package;
- Identify if you are signed in to the Website;
- Test content on the Website;
- Store information about your preferences;
- Recognize when you return to the Website.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This setting may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
Keeping your information
We retain all of the information that we collect until we no longer need the information to provide services to you, or you notify us that you wish to unsubscribe.
All visitors and users of this Website have the following rights with regard to their personal information:
- The right to access the personal information that we have collected about you;
- The right to request that we amend any of the information that we have collected about you;
- The right to stop receiving unwanted direct marketing;
- The right to lodge a complaint regarding our collection, sharing, and processing of your personal information with competent authorities in the proper jurisdiction.
Exercising your rights & lodging complaints
You may exercise the rights specified above or lodge a complaint regarding our collection, use and sharing of your personal information by contacting us using the following information:
The Business Manager
PO Box 371, North Lakes QLD 4509
All complaints or requests much be sent in writing. We will respond to consumer requests within a reasonable period of time, not exceeding 30 days of receipt of the request. We have the ability to deny your request(s) if certain exceptions in the law apply. If we do deny your request(s), we will provide you with the reasons for such denials.